Best Car Insurance in Washington State -Finding the best car insurance in Washington state requires you to consider public insurance and budget needs. Depending on your driving record, you may also need to buy.
Best Car Insurance in Washington State
What is the best car insurance in Washington State? Since everyone has different insurance needs, there is no better insurance provider. Different drivers will get different rates from service providers based on things like:
- Driving history
- Credit Score
- Create and model a vehicle
- Insurance coverage rate
- If you qualify for available discounts
Some of these factors you can control, such as your driving history and credit score. However, others, such as their age and gender, cannot change. You may be able to find other ways to save, such as choosing a cheaper car to insure or asking about available insurance discounts.
Washington State Minimum Insurance
While you can adjust your insurance rate to get a better rate, there is a minimum level of coverage you need to carry. Washington State requires the following minimums:
- $25000 bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 Bodily Injury Liability by Accident
- $10,000 property damage liability for accident
Even this is the minimum requirement, most drivers can benefit from additional coverage. If you cause an accident, this insurance will only cover the injuries and damages of another driver. You have to pay your own medical bills and self-destruct. This minimum level of coverage also does not cover your vehicle if it is damaged due to weather or stolen.
Cheapest Insurance Providers in Washington State
While individual insurance rates will vary, here are some of the cheapest insurance providers in Washington State:
- State Farm: Average annual rate of $401
- GEICO: Average annual rate of $434
- Progressive: Average annual rate of $458
- Mutual Of Enumclaw : Average annual rate of $527
- Farmer: Average annual rate of $739
- American Family: Average annual rate of $784
- Allstate: Average annual rate of $863
- USAA: Average annual rate of $342
These rates are based on minimum coverage with ValuePenguin data. While USAA has the cheapest fare, it’s important to note that it’s only available to members of the military.
The best prices in Washington for drivers with DUI on their record are usually also state farms and Enumclaw exchanges. It is known as the Washington Auto Plan and is available to any Washington state driver who is denied credit-based coverage or a poor driving history with multiple violations or accidents.
How to get the best premium rates in WA
The cheapest insurance companies aren’t always the best. It’s important to consider factors other than price, such as customer satisfaction ratings. Here are some of the best companies in Washington State:
- Farmer’s Insurance
- State Farm
- American family
According to Bankrate, each of these insurance providers has a BBB rating of at least B+ or higher. It can also help consider your driving factors that affect your prices when choosing the best provider. For example, teen drivers often pay more in Washington state. Mutual of Enumclaw may be the best choice for drivers under the age of 20.
If you have some high-risk factors, such as if you’re a teen driver with a traffic violation on your record, you may need to do more research to find the best auto insurance rates. Mutual of Enumclaw and State Farm generally offer the cheapest rates for multi-risk drivers.
If you or a family member is in the military, you will almost always get the best rate with USAA as long as you qualify.
Bad Driving Record? Best Insurance Providers in Washington State
A poor driving record can greatly increase your insurance rates. In fact, drivers with speeding tickets on their record salaries are, on average, 24 percent more than drivers with good records. The best prices in Washington state for drivers with poor driving records are usually with the mutual of Enumclaw and state farm.
Having a DUI on your record can increase your fees even further, by up to 65 percent. The best prices in Washington state for drivers with DUI on their records are usually also with the state farm and exchange of Enumclaw.
How to get the best insurance rates in Washington state
In addition to comparing average prices between providers, there are other ways you can save on your insurance rates:
- Ask about discounts: Many insurance companies offer discounts. Find out if you qualify for available discounts, such as military members, students, first responders, or teacher discounts.
- Take safe driving classes: Some insurance companies also allow you to take safe driving classes in exchange for discounted rates. Assess risk factors and the level of coverage required to choose the best insurance company. However, keep in mind that this means you will have to pay more if you file a claim.
- Adjust your insurance rate: You may also be able to adjust your insurance rate. Think about the value of your car and how much it will cost to repair or replace it when determining the amount of coverage.
Drivers who have a car loan may have to have full coverage under the lender’s terms. However, if you have an older vehicle, you may have more control over the level of coverage you purchase, as long as it meets the state’s minimum requirements. It’s also a good idea to frequently compare quotes between your available providers. Whenever your insurance rates increase, ask for up-to-date quotes and reevaluate your needs.
The best car insurance in Washington State depends on your personal insurance needs. Evaluate your risk factors as well as the level of coverage you need when choosing the best insurance provider for you. Check this out if you need additional information, resources, or guidance about auto insurance.