The Best Car Insurance In AZ – To help you find the best car insurance in AZ (Arizona), we’ve ranked the top insurance companies for discounts, customer service, availability, and financial strength. In our ranking of the best auto insurance companies, USAA and Geico take first and second places.
USAA and Geico are also our top two recommendations for car insurance in Arizona – both offer great rates and coverage options for Arizona residents. Use the tool below to collect and compare car insurance quotes from available providers in your state.
5 Best Car Insurance In AZ
To find the best Car insurance in Arizona, we vetted our top auto insurance providers and reviewed them again according to Arizona laws and guidelines. We also review average rates for Arizona drivers to determine which companies offer the lowest car insurance rates. Here’s what we found in our top five picks:
Geico is our top recommendation for car insurance in AZ. The company is the second-largest insurance provider in the United States, and wrote more than $33 billion in premiums in 2020, according to NAIC. In different pricing situations, Geico tends to be one of the most affordable options. It’s also a great option for people who have had an accident on their record.
In addition to standard Arizona car insurance, Geico policyholders can get roadside assistance and reimbursement for rental car costs. If you recently purchased a new car, you can also take advantage of Geico’s additional coverage options that many Arizona auto insurance companies do not offer. This is called mechanical damage insurance (MBI), and it’s similar to an extended car warranty.
Geico’s reputation for customer service is good, but not as good as USAA. For example, Geico ranked highly overall in J.D. magazine. Power 2020℠, which is cool. However, his degree in J.D. The strength of 2021℠ is just below the industry average. Geico is rated A+ by the BBB.
If you qualify for USAA car insurance, you may pay much less than the state average. Of course, every driver’s situation is unique. Prices are linked to your zip code, the type of car you drive, your driving history, and more. The only way to know exactly what you will pay is to get a quote for car insurance in AZ.
USAA has one drawback – its membership is selective. You can qualify for a USAA if you are a member of the military, a veteran, or a member of someone’s immediate family.
USAA consistently scores high in customer satisfaction studies and surveys from across the industry. I scored highly in two dr. Power scored 891 out of 1,000 in the 2020 US Auto Claims Satisfaction Study. It also scored 902 out of 1,000 in the 2021 US Insurance Expenditure Study, the highest score overall.
This means that USAA does a great job of responding to requests, communicating with customers throughout the process, and returning customers’ vehicles quickly.
USAA members shopping for car insurance in AZ can try the company’s use-based option called SafePilot. The app tracks things like hard braking, sharp turns, and phone usage while driving.
State Farm is another strong competitor for underwriting car insurance in AZ. Some of the things that make this provider so attractive include its wide range of discounts, usage-based safe driving programs, and reasonable pricing.
Here are some of the money-saving features that can make State Farm a good choice:
- Steer Clear®: This safe driving course is for drivers under the age of 25 and offers a discount upon completion.
- Drive Safe & SaveTM: Usage-based safe driving software monitors your driving habits via an app on your phone. The data collected by the app can only help you save on auto insurance. It will never work against you.
- If you are looking for a high liability coverage limit, State Farm has you covered with coverage limits of up to 500/500/500. With limits like these, you don’t have to worry about not having enough liability coverage to meet the state’s minimum requirements.
Besides standard car insurance in AZ, you can get things like rental and travel expense coverage, trip share coverage, and roadside assistance.
The Hartford Car Insurance
Hartford has some coverage plans available to AARP members seeking auto insurance in Arizona. Hartford car insurance is suitable for AARP-listed Arizona drivers who want to protect a classic or standard vehicle. Hartford auto insurance may not be the right choice for you if you are a young driver or do not wish to become an AARP member.
Hartford offers several insurance products that can be purchased in addition to your standard insurance policy, such as:
- Lifetime Renewal: Once you have coverage from The Hartford, you will never be denied coverage as long as you continue to pay all premiums, maintain a valid driver’s license and meet other requirements.
- RecoverCare: Transportation, cleaning, cooking, and other costs associated with recovering from a car accident that caused an injury that is not covered by health insurance or Medicare.
- New Car Replacement: If you buy a new car and add it up within 15 months/15,000 miles of purchase, Hartford will write a check for the price of a newer model with the same equipment.
- Accident pardon: Your premium will not increase after the first accident as long as you have been accident-free for five years.
- Loss Reduction: For each year you maintain a clean driving record, the collision reduction in your plan decreases by $50 to $0.
Safeco is today owned by Liberty Mutual but has different coverage offerings and pricing. Safeco excels in car insurance in AZ drivers who:
- Are the parents of the teenager?
- Time without value and rest first
- Looking for comprehensive benefits
Safeco offers standard insurance as well as coverages such as accident pardon, trip share insurance, and specialized equipment coverage. You can also get an emergency assistance package that gives you up to $500 for housing and food if your car breaks down more than 25 miles from home.
Safeco also has a long list of discounts for families, especially those with young drivers and students. Here are some discounts that can help make family car insurance in AZ more affordable:
- Safeco RightTrack®: The Safeco app tracks your vehicle usage patterns such as driving at night, how hard you brake, and how fast you accelerate. These data points are then used to calculate car insurance rates. Avoiding aggressive driving and driving at night can reduce fares by up to 30 percent.
- Duration Bonuses: Adding a second driver to your policy can lower prices.
- New Teen Rewards: Adding a new teen driver to your policy can lower your rate by up to 27 percent.
- NEW INDEPENDENT DISCOUNT: When young drivers leave their parents’ policies and open their Safeco policies, young drivers get discounts.
- Remote student discount: If your teen goes to school more than 100 miles from home and doesn’t have an insured car, your premium will be reduced.
The Minimum Car Insurance Coverage In Arizona
The state of Arizona requires you to carry auto liability insurance in the amount of 25/50/15. this means:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability for each person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability for each accident
- $15,000 for liability for property damage
This insurance covers injury and vehicle damage to others in an accident you cause. The minimum state requirement will not cover your vehicle if it causes an accident or hits a stationary object. They also won’t cover your medical bills if you are responsible. You want to add the following protections for better protection:
- full insurance
- collision insurance
- Medical Payments (MedPay) or Personal Injury Protection (PIP)